[Dxspider-support] DXspider on a Debian system

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Sat Dec 22 07:21:08 GMT 2001

Is there anyone on the list using spider on a Debian system?  I have
been looking into installing it on my system running the testing
"woody" distribution (with kernel 2.2.20) and noticed that the
perl-base package includes data dumper, so I assume the data-dumper
module is not required.  Is this correct?  Are any other required
modules already included in Debian packages?

Also, I was wondering about the possibility of using dh-make-perl to
make Debian packages of the necessary CPAN modules.

Are there any issues with using perl 5.6?

Any thoughts?

Bob

Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          nielsen at oz.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.oz.net/~nielsen