[Dxspider-support] DXspider on a Debian system

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Mon Dec 24 07:20:34 GMT 2001

To answer my own question (in case anyone else is considering this):

It looks like all the needed CPAN modules are available as Debian
packages (it took a bit of searching before I figured out the name
pattern--there are over 8000 packages currently in woody), however the
version of libcurses-perl is 1.05, while the installation instructions
specify Curses-1.06.  I used dh-make-perl with the --build option to
download the module source and create a libcurses-perl_1.06-1_i386.deb
package with a single command.

Bob