[Dxspider-support] Login as sysop?

Ian J Maude ianmaude at btinternet.com
Fri Dec 28 09:46:10 GMT 2001

On Fri, 2001-12-28 at 05:51, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> I'm setting up dxspider (version 1.49 build 56.903 from cvs) for the
> first time.  In the installation.txt document, it says to login as
> sysop to set some of the parameters.  When I try to do so, I get the
> response
>
> Sorry, SYSOP isn't a valid callsign (when running client) or
>
> Sorry SYSOP is an invalid callsign (when connecting via telnet)
>
> Is this an indication I missed something?
Hi Bob,
You should login to Spider with the sysop call you entered in DXVars.pm
as per the manual.  You only login as sysop to the Linux prompt.  You do
not say if it is the Windows or Linux version you are running.  If there
is a section of the manual that is not as sharp as it should be I should
know.  Can you point out the section you are quoting from please?
Cheers
Ian

 Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | ianmaude at btinternet.com
 Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster
 Running Linux and DXSpider