[Dxspider-support] Login as sysop?

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Fri Dec 28 11:41:59 GMT 2001

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 09:46:10AM +0000, Ian J Maude wrote:
> On Fri, 2001-12-28 at 05:51, Bob Nielsen wrote:
> > I'm setting up dxspider (version 1.49 build 56.903 from cvs) for the
> > first time.  In the installation.txt document, it says to login as
> > sysop to set some of the parameters.  When I try to do so, I get the
> > response
> >
> > Sorry, SYSOP isn't a valid callsign (when running client) or
> >
> > Sorry SYSOP is an invalid callsign (when connecting via telnet)
> >
> > Is this an indication I missed something?
> Hi Bob,
> You should login to Spider with the sysop call you entered in DXVars.pm
> as per the manual.  You only login as sysop to the Linux prompt.  You do
> not say if it is the Windows or Linux version you are running.  If there
> is a section of the manual that is not as sharp as it should be I should
> know.  Can you point out the section you are quoting from please?
> Cheers
> Ian

Hi Ian,

I am running the Linux version and am trying to set up a connection to
another cluster (per section 3.5).  In DXVars.pm there are two places
to enter a callsign, $mycall and $myalias.  Neither refers to sysop.

I set $mycall to N7XY (this is the callsign of the node), and if I try
to log in under that call, I get a message "Sorry N7XY you are
connected to me on another port." I can log in under the $myalias call
(which I set to N7XY-3), but if I try to issue a command such as
set/node, I get the response "Not Allowed".

Thank you for taking a look at this.

Bob

Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          nielsen at oz.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.oz.net/~nielsen