[Dxspider-support] New Sysop Introduction

Fred Allstadt n1zuk at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 31 20:32:59 GMT 2001

Hello --

I'm Fred, N1ZUK, from Colchester, VT USA.  I've recently have installed a
DXSpider cluster, after a frustrated effort to get CLX to work and play
nice on my system.  I'd like to thank Dirk, and everyone involved, for this
fine program!  Virtually everything works as advertised, and I'm quite
pleased with the whole package.

Although I may be still considered a Linux 'newbie', I have nearly 25 years
of computer system background, both professionally, and as a hobbyist.  I
currently work with semiconductor manufacturing tools, but have been
involved in hardware and software design, system integration, repair, and
more.  So some complex concepts come quickly to me, and basic ones have me
befuddled at times, due to my lack of exposure to them. <grin>

My current 'operating conditions' are:
DXSpider 1.49 build 56.887
SuSE Linux 7.3 Professional (2.4.10-4GB)
perl v5.6.1
IBM PC300 / 200MMX WinChip / 96M RAM / 10G HD
Cable modem
2M radio port (ax.25 KISS)

The system is used as a MASQ server (for another, well secured W98
computer); DXSpider cluster; and Apache HTTP server (support pages for
cluster, currently disabled).  There is no 'sensitive' information stored
on this machine.  It can be telneted at telnet://n1zuk.dyndns.org:8000

I have a couple of support questions, that I'll put in individual emails,
in order to make the threads a little clearer.  Just thought I'd get the
preliminaries out of the way...

Wishing you the best in 2002 --
Fred  N1ZUK
n1zuk at adelphia.net