[Dxspider-support] user SSID

Kjell Jarl K-Jarl at algonet.se
Sun Jan 14 21:45:59 GMT 2001

You are right, but it does not help if they log in via telnet where they
can put any ssid. It would not let a cluster node in, maybe could be
done by extending ax25d.conf further though (adding callsings to match).
I telnet myself when I am at another qth than home, and at the same time
have the console logged in, thus use another ssid (to get in).

I think pavillion, possibly dxnet, assigns ssid 0 to the first
connection, then ssid 1 to the next (if already connected somewhere in
the visible cluster net or at the same node). Exception is where the
ssid is defined as a node, or ssid 7 or higher (somehow) it gets the
same ssid (probably 15 is set to 0?).

To conclude.
I would find it useful if personal data including mail is associated
with the call minus ssid.

73,
Kjell