[Dxspider-support] orft we jolly well go ...

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Jun 16 13:45:07 BST 2001

On 14 Jun 2001 06:57:18 -0400, Jim wrote:
> First of all--Thanks for all that replied to my request for help!
>
> The node is running, but I could not get a sysop login on the client.
> Got user login fine.    Anyway, I am sure that I must have overlooked
> something else and will check first.
>
> Once again, thanks and 73!

Are you sure that the ownership of all the files in the spider directory
are correct?

ls -l

will tell you.

Please check that cluster.pl is running as the correct user (ie the
'sysop' user [or which ever username you are using]). You can do this
with 'top' or 'ps aux'. IT MUST NOT RUN AS 'root' (I should put in a
check for this I think).

To make sure that everything is right do the following (I assume you are
user the username 'sysop', if not substitute 'sysop' for the correct
username):-

stop the node

login or su as 'root'

cd /spider
chown -R sysop.sysop .
find . -type d -exec chmod 02775 {} \;

ln -s /spider/perl/console.pl /usr/bin/dx
ln -s /spider/perl/*dbg /usr/bin

login as 'sysop'

cd /spider/perl
./update_sysop.pl