[Dxspider-support] Re: dxspider

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 13:28:40 BST 2001

On 25 Jun 2001 08:09:44 -0400, Charlie Carroll wrote:
> Dirk:
> This problem could be the same one I saw with messages.  I had to limit the
> number of lines being sent from my AK1A node to 5 lines.  Beyond that,
> messages would not get through to my DXSpider, W1HR node.

I suspect that this is also dependant on whether you are running on a
linux box or under MS-Windows.

clx boxes tend to use a 'tranche size' of 100 for messages and that
works fine with linux boxes (or at least it used to).

It seems to be possible to overflow AGW Engine buffers (although there
is a newer version out since you had that problem Charlie; that may be
worth a look) and you may need to get your AK1A link partner to
experiment with the no of lines per 'tranche' (BTW what is the packet
cluster command for that Charlie?).

I think Bob is running Linux and AFAIK that can handle any number of
incoming lines per 'tranche'.

Dirk G1TLH