[Dxspider-support] It's me probably !

g3orh g3orh at ic24.net
Fri Nov 2 11:24:38 GMT 2001

Hi group,

                  Have done some checking lately having had to recover from
one or two (self induced) hiccups with spider.

After upgrading or shifting upgrade files between two computers to upgrade
I have found the group "spider" has been altered either to utmp or to xfs.
Overcome this with chown -R to the spider directory but it occurred to me I
was doing something inccorectly which caused this necessity. To upgrade I
login as root and unpack the cvslates.tgx from /tmp (Should I login as the
user designated which in my case is sysop ?) It is when in as root and
unpacking from /tmp that the spider group gets stamped utmp.

- Regards Colin   (73's)
- g3orh at ic24.net