[Dxspider-support] re: disconnect problem

on6hh on6hh at qsl.net
Sat Nov 10 10:27:18 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: g3orh <g3orh at ic24.net>
To: <dxspider-support at dxcluster.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 5:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Dxspider-support] Survey

> > Hi Colin,
> > You do not say which method of connection your users use?  I doubt >very
> much that this is a Spider related issue.
>
>  Connection method is via L3 or L4 netrom connects as it is all netrom
> around here. It also affects L2 connects for me over my ethernet also but
> this is not consistent. Dirk told me some time ago that he was aware of this
> problem of people not disconnecting properly.  This problem doesn't happen
> every time. Just spasmodically. I don't have the same problem
> disconnecting from the linux node via which users connect to the cluster.
>
> It's kinda like the cluster doesn't send the disconnect acknowledge.
>
> - Regards Colin   (73's)
> - g3orh at ic24.net

ON6HH

Hi
I had the same problem with ON0DXK abt 2 months ago.
Users giving "bye' or "b" or "q" were not reconnected to the lap.
I received the msg "user ... has logged out " but  the user stayed connected to the xnet-node for
at least 5 min or must  give a forced disc .
In my case this problem was related to outgoing connects to other clusters via AX25.
At the moment my clusterpartners connected themselfs to on0dxk the problem was solved.

73
Roland.

.

Roland Huysentruyt,Beatrijslaan 28,B 8870   IZEGEM , BELGIUM
tel  (32) (0) 51 303000  email : on6hh at yucom.be    on6hh at qsl.net
packetmail on6hh at on0ck.wvl.bel.eu