[Dxspider-support] re: disconnect problem

g3orh g3orh at ic24.net
Sat Nov 10 14:22:09 GMT 2001

Not quite sure if this is the same problem Roland. The Linux node does not
in fact get connected to in our situation though connection is via it.
Linuxnode broadcasts itself plus the cluster into the nodes tables of local
nodes. Connection is then L3 or L4 from remote (packet) node. Just 5 mins
ago my shack access to the cluster over my ethernet refused to disconnect
cleanly and I know this will require a reboot of my shack (user) computer
before I can re-access. The Cluster is cleared down for the "stuck" user
so a forced exit by the user will sort the situation but this should not be
necessary. It still looks like a disconnect Acknowledge is not being sent by
Spider to finally release the connected user. Does this indicate that the
complete user disconnect should be done before DXChannel <user> is destroyed
I wonder ? At the moment , the DXChannel <user> seems to destroy before
complete disconnect has happened .

 I have no problems with cluster node connect/disconnect which works
perfectly each time. Only with users,
.
- Regards Colin   (73's)
- g3orh at ic24.net