[Dxspider-support] loading local/spot.pm

Filip Jonckers fjonckers at Interconnect.be
Thu Nov 15 13:40:00 GMT 2001

> What Filip is proposing , here , is a somewhat
> individualistic ideal isn't it ?
> Surely better for Filip to write his own program for this
> dedicated purpose
> then transport spots etc from the cluster network onto his
> own server where
> he can modify them at will.

That's what I was doing until now (or working on ...)

but why not give it back to the "community" ?
Isn't that what open source is all about ?

I could easily develop such thing for our own (private) use - probably
what most big contest team developers are doing (I know several) - but
why not share things ....

that's what Dirk is doing with spider - giving us the opportunity to
use the great things he creates and giving us the possibility to
add stuff

Doesn't mean that everybody will use it, but are you using all the
available commands/features of spider ....

> I don't actually agree that cluster networks should be used
> by contest operators.(During contests !).

at least we are saying we are - and contesting in the correct class ....
but if you want to play together with the big guns ...
All of them are using it - but not all are saying that they do...  :)

but ok.. that's not the toppic here ....

F.