[Dxspider-support] (no subject)

Filip Jonckers fjonckers at Interconnect.be
Mon Nov 19 09:01:04 GMT 2001

Hello John,

> The problem I have is I can't figure out how to make a node
> connection from
> this box.

I have to do the same from ON0NOL-9 as it has no direct internet
connection (yet)...

1. First of all make shure that ax25 is working correctly on your box
2. make a 'manual' connection to the cluster you want to connect
        - to see exactly the text you get when successfully connecting
        - enter a password if necessary on the remote cluster
3. you can do this with the 'call -r' command
	use the callsign you are going to use when connecting the
cluster
4. define the remote node as a node (SET/SPIDER, SET/CLX, ...)

now the scripts... (/spider/connect)

example 1:
simple example, connect cluster on0dxc-5 via node on0nol-5 using
callsign on0nol-9
the 'RMNC' is the name of the ax25 interface defined in axports

timeout 30
abort (Busy|Sorry|Fail)
connect ax25 /usr/sbin/ax25_call rmnc on0nol-9 on0dxc-5 on0nol-5
'*** Connect' ''

example 2:
connect to AWZnode ON6DP-10 via the RMNC port to our node ON0NOL-5 using
callsign ON0NOL-4
and going from ON0NOL-5 to ON0RET to ON6DP-10
when connected to ON6DP-10 (AWZnode) connect to JA3QGI-4 with a telnet
session
use on0nol-9 as login and give password when asked for ...

timeout 120
abort (Busy|Sorry|Fail)
connect ax25 /usr/sbin/ax25_call rmnc on0nol-4 on6dp-10 on0nol-5 on0ret
'AWZ Node-ON6DP' 'telnet linux.figaro.gr.jp 41112'
'allsign' 'on0nol-9'
'assword' 'mypassword'
'onnect' ''

Don't forget to check the debugging info (/spider/perl/watchdbg)
to see what happens

Filip, ON1AFN