[Dxspider-support] File forwarding and other questions

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 19:49:20 GMT 2001

1On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 19:13, g3orh wrote:
>         Come on Dirk. You can't just ignore the fact that 80 to 90% of the
> UK cluster nodes are still AK1A. Ltd protocol links are still used and
> saints preserve us when there is no packet accessing or linking. We might
> just as well give up what passes for amateur RADIO at this stage.

I am not certain this is forum for this, but I wonder whether you have
counted up recently? I would challenge your percentage (I would suggest
that rather less than half the UK cluster is now AK1A - and still less
if you count the ones hiding behind internet connected DXSpider nodes
[eg GB7BPQ, GB7DXM, GB7BPQ, GB7MDX, GB7SDX]).

I would also take issue with you about the your views on the (de)merits
of internet linking. User access is another matter; this is where we
might find some more common ground.

>          I use ltd protocol every weekend (automatically set up) so it isn't
> a great problem regarding mail as it goes as soon as I switch back to full
> at 1AM monday moring. I think the points raised  *could* be overcome by a
> command which allows sysops to manually forward mail to a specific node as
> with ak1a during periods of limited protocol running.

That is certainly a point of view worth exploring. Dunno quite how I
would implement it mind you.

Dirk G1TLH