[Dxspider-support] pc16 sysop

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Oct 3 14:50:02 BST 2001

On Wed, 2001-10-03 at 14:15, on6hh wrote:
> Hi Dirk
>
> When I login remote  with my call ON6HH  to ON0DXK-5 ( via ax25)  the cluster sends following PC16
> to my 3 ak1a  neighbournodes :
>
> PC16^ON0DXK-5^ON0DXK-5 - 1^H9^
>
> Result is that in the ak1a nodes   on0dxk-5 plus all other nodes behind dissapear from
> the sh/c/n list.
> sh/c  still shows all users except  those on on0dxk-5
>
> In DXVars.pm  I  filled in my call as sysop as described in the installation manual.
> See below :
>
> # this really does need to change for your system!!!!
> $mycall = "ON0DXK-5";
>
> # your name
> $myname = "Roland";
>
> # Your 'normal' callsign
> $myalias = "ON6HH";

Is this only happening when you login remotely?

How do you login remotely?

What callsign does it send if you just run /spider/perl/console.pl on
its own WITHOUT a callsign as an argument?

One thing you can do is just make sure that the users file is upto date
by: stopping node completely, run: /spider/perl/update_sysop.pl and
restarting the node.