[Dxspider-support] pc16 sysop

on6hh on6hh at qsl.net
Thu Oct 4 18:05:47 BST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: Dirk Koopman <djk at tobit.co.uk>
To: dxspider support list <dxspider-support at dxcluster.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2001 3:50 PM
Subject: Re: [Dxspider-support] pc16 sysop

> On Wed, 2001-10-03 at 14:15, on6hh wrote:
> > Hi Dirk
> >
> > When I login remote  with my call ON6HH  to ON0DXK-5 ( via ax25)  the cluster sends following
PC16
> > to my 3 ak1a  neighbournodes :
> >
> > PC16^ON0DXK-5^ON0DXK-5 - 1^H9^
> >
> > Result is that in the ak1a nodes   on0dxk-5 plus all other nodes behind dissapear from
> > the sh/c/n list.
> > sh/c  still shows all users except  those on on0dxk-5
> >
> > In DXVars.pm  I  filled in my call as sysop as described in the installation manual.
> > See below :
> >
> > # this really does need to change for your system!!!!
> > $mycall = "ON0DXK-5";
> >
> > # your name
> > $myname = "Roland";
> >
> > # Your 'normal' callsign
> > $myalias = "ON6HH";
> >

> Is this only happening when you login remotely?
>
> How do you login remotely?
>
> What callsign does it send if you just run /spider/perl/console.pl on
> its own WITHOUT a callsign as an argument?
>
> One thing you can do is just make sure that the users file is upto date
> by: stopping node completely, run: /spider/perl/update_sysop.pl and
> restarting the node.
>
> Dirk

ON6HH

Ok Dirk
I was planned to do what  you suggested  on site tomorrow but  yesterdayevening
i needed to restart remotelly the linuxbox because i had an xnet problem.
Without "update_sysop.pl"   the problem is solved !
Replying  how I connect  : as a normal user via the packetnetwork.

Tnx 73
Roland