[Dxspider-support] spider doesnt conn AGW

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Oct 19 13:53:07 BST 2001

On Wed, 2001-10-17 at 17:50, Jan Erik Holm wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I´m trying to run spider/agwpe and 2 DRSI cards but no way
> spider manage to connect agw on 192.1.1.2 port 8000.
> Spider itself seems ok, AGW seems ok (can RX packet
> traffic with agwmonitor utility)
> I´m open to idéas on what can have gone wrong becourse
> right now my brain cant figure anything out.
> Forexample, are you supposed to be able to ping AGW
> at 192.1.1.2? To check that it´s listening at the correct
> place.

does AGW work with DRSI cards at all?

Charlie K1XX has asked for a BPQ interface largely because he can't get
AGW working with DRSI cards.

Unfortunately I just got the software part working. I didn't have any
hardware to test it with.

One thing I would say is that you need to check your AGW config allows
connects from the external network interface and AFAIK it also requires
a login/password. You need to set that up correctly in the local copy of
AGWConnect.pm.

You can see how well spider is talking to your AGW by doing a:

set/debug agw

(and get back to normal with 'unset/debug agw')

This can produce quite a bit of output BTW.

Dirk G1TLH