[Dxspider-support] connects/links

Cees Tool c.tool at quicknet.nl
Mon Oct 22 13:29:46 BST 2001

Hi Dirk,

Is there a way to connect another cluster in case my main link fails ?

Normally I have a link with pi8tue-8 and can also link with pa4ab-14, but
have noticed some loop messages starting sometimes between our 3 stations at
random times when I connect both of them. This caused lots of data
transferred between us. So I have stopped one of the links.

And actually I do not need to connect to both stations at the same time, I
just want to have a backup link in case one of them is down.

I think, it is not possible to do this in a connect scipt ??

What I need is :
1 - if not connected to pi8tue-8 or pa4ab-14 start the connect script.
2 - try to connect pi8tue-8
3 - if connect [2] fails then try to connect pa4ab-14

Is this possible now ?
Or could you make this kind of script work in a next version ?

73
Cees - PA3AES