[Dxspider-support] sh/dx,max number of spots displayed

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 23:48:39 BST 2001

On Sat, 2001-09-08 at 17:55, Roland Huysentruyt,ON6HH wrote:
> Hi
>
> How to adjust the max number of lines displayed with f.e. the "sh/dx <number>" command ?
> Now it is fixed to 50 max.

Currently the only way to do it permanently is a bit complicated.

1) Copy /spider/perl/Local.pm to /spider/local
2) edit it and on line 26 there is a definition of 'sub init'
3) between the { on the next line and the } a couple of lines later:-

{
	$Spot::maxspots = 100;
}

4) to change the maximum to 100, obviously you can change it to any
number you like, but I would STRONGLY suggest no more than about 250 or
so unless you have a really fast machine.

5) then restart the node.