[Dxspider-support] New abilities

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Sep 15 18:00:13 BST 2001

On Sat, 2001-09-15 at 17:36, Ian J Maude wrote:
> On Sat, 2001-09-15 at 16:11, g3orh wrote:
> > Can Dirk or Ian tell us if the Admin Manual Version 1.48 July 2001 rev 1.1
> > should be replaced by any later version covering the latest abilities in the
> > CVS I have downloaded a few minutes ago (Sat 15th Sept) or has the manual
> > not yet caught up ?
> Hi Colin,
> The manual has been updated by Dirk (he probably has not updated the
> version) as I was rather busy with work.  I will be casting my eyes over
> it this week but to my knowledge most of the new stuff if not all should
> be in it.

The admin manual is up to date in the sense that all the stuff about new
features and how to do stuff is up to date. However, the list of
commands section at the end is not completely up to date.

The HELP and APROPOS system on the node itself though is AFAIK
completely up to date and should be used as the reference for commands.

I will be doing some work to automatically convert the system HELP text
into the sgml format so that all the manuals stay in sync with each
other.