[Dxspider-support] sysop privileges

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Apr 4 12:08:22 BST 2002

Ken

Set up your Listeners.pm in /spider/local so that it is listening on all
ports ("0.0.0.0") and then:-

telnet localhost 7300

(if you use the defaults) and login as the $myalias callsign.

This will give you sysop privileges.

./client k1ea

if k1ea is the $myalias call, should give you sysop privileges. The
crucial thing is NOT to add 'telnet' or 'ax25' or whatever after the
callsign.

What is wrong with your Curses (never was a screen library so aptly
named)? Have you tried to install the Curses-1.06.tar.gz from CPAN?

Dirk