[Dxspider-support] sysop privileges

Ken Wolff kwolff at charter.net
Fri Apr 5 17:57:43 BST 2002

Ian & Dirk,

Thanks for the quick reply. After a certain amount of fussing, I
upgraded to Curses-1.0.6.

It looks like the sysop privilege problem was self inflicted. I think I
ran create_sysop.pl either before DXVars.pm was edited, or with the
wrong callsign in DXVars.pm. After running create_sysop, changing
$myalias callsign after the fact makes the client program unhappy.

By the way, in the installation manual, the link to
http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/Data/Data-Dumper-2.10.tar.gz
appears to be broken. I found my copy at
http://public.activestate.com/gsar/Data-Dumper-2.10.tar.gz

Also, for those considering Mandrake, the perl that came with it does
not seem to contain enough "standard" stuff. I installed from
http://www.activestate.com.

Like G7OPJ, I would like to continue using my DRSI cards.

73, Ken K1EA