[Dxspider-support] Remote chained databases ?

Rene Olsen rene_olsen at post3.tele.dk
Sun Apr 7 10:33:48 BST 2002

Hi.

oz2dxc has the following qsl database aranged:

q1 (A big database with all the old qsl info)
qsl (A smaller database with new qsl info)

q1 is chained to qsl, so that firstly qsl is searched and then q1 is searched.

I would like my users at oz5bbs-7 to also just use the sh/qsl command to search both
databases at oz2dxc. But if I make qsl as a remote database at at oz5bbs-7, it seems
that only the qsl base at oz2dxc is searched. The q1 database is not.

According to the manual that is probably the way it is. Why is it made that way and is it
not possible to make it search the entire chain at oz2dxc ?

Do I have to make two commands/databases at oz5bbs-7. A sh/qsl (searching the qsl
base) and a sh/oldqsl (searching the q1 base) ?

Vy 73 de Rene / OZ1LQH