[Dxspider-support] timouts

Ian J Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Thu Apr 18 13:14:09 BST 2002

On Thu, 2002-04-18 at 08:45, Richard Bown wrote:
> Hi all , how do I alter the timer settings on spider
Sorry but you can't

> ie.
> If a user loses the connection, I'm finding they cant log back in for a
> while, ver 1.49 56.953, this time seems to be in minutes.
> or alternatly is there a way of destroying the old user ,when the same
> user logs back in again.
It takes about 10-15 minutes fr the connection to drop.  This seems to
be most prevalent with Internet connections.  If you are at the console
and notice the user struggling you can simply disconnect them and they
will be able to log back in.  Another option is to do what some of my
users do and login with an ssid.  Spider treats this as a different user
so they will need to set their detaisl etc but it works for a short
period until they can log back in under their own call again.
I hope this helps.
Ian

 Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | ian at gb7mbc.net
 Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster
 Running Linux and DXSpider