[Dxspider-support] Request for Assistance with Internet DX Spots via RF to DX Spider

khornyak at comcast.net khornyak at comcast.net
Wed Dec 4 00:50:42 GMT 2002

I recently installed a RF based DX Cluster using DX Spider v1.51 build 57.155 on a WIN98 platform.  This is RF only via Pacomm Tiny-two TNC to a 2M radio,  There is NO Internet access to the system on-site.

I wish to port in Internet DX Spots from a cluster user who has Internet access.  The problem I have run into thus far is the WintelnetX program adds an illegal character (a '/') into the translated protocol coming from the Internet site - the 'spot' comes over as 'DX/Callsign Freq Comment' which DX Spider interprets via the TNC as an illegal command.  Cannot find a work-around for WintelnetX.  I am not aware of other 'Internet to TNC' translation programs that do not impose this illegal character in the translation.

For those of you who may be running a RF based DX Cluster such as what I have described, do you have a 'patch' program to port in DX Spots from Internet via RF to DX Spider with the proper protocol (i.e. no illegal characters in the tranlated spot) that you've demonstrated with DX Spider that you can recommend?

Thanks,

Keith, W4QS