[Dxspider-support] KPC3

Dave Hawes dave.n3rd at comcast.net
Sat Dec 14 20:02:41 GMT 2002

Here's an extract from a mail message on the sv2agw reflector that
covers the point.

                 My suggested starting point for a KPC-3 Plus is -

                 Tnc Type - KPC3+
                 Tnc Sub Type - XKISS (Checksum)
                 IniKiss1 - XKCH ON
                 IniKiss2 - INTFACE XKISS
                 IniKiss3 - RESET

                 which is what AGWPE automatically selects.

                 (The commands used for an ordinary KPC-3 also work with
a Plus, but note
                 that the "Tnc Sub Type" also changes!)

                 For an ordinary KPC-3, the default command in AGPWE of
"KISSMODE ON"
                 doesn't work, it should be changed to "INTFACE KISS".
(I've been told
                 that some early KPC-3 firmware versions understand
"KISSMODE ON".) My
                 suggested starting point for an ordinary KPC-3 is -

                 Tnc Type - KPC3
                 Tnc Sub Type - KISS Simple
                 IniKiss1 - <blank>
                 IniKiss2 - INTFACE KISS
                 IniKiss3 - RESET

Can't provide any info on the internal jumpers on the KPC3.

Dave