[Dxspider-support] Can't get Telnet login work DXSpider 1.5

Arnold Bosch (EA1CYZ) ea1cyz at ea1cyz.net
Mon Dec 16 19:34:33 GMT 2002

On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 20:20:04 +0100
"Rob Snieder" <pa5et at muurkrant.com> wrote:

Hello Rob,

<bits recycled>

> I added port 27754 to the SERVICES table, I copied the Listeners.pm
> program to the /spider/local directory as described in the manual with
> IP nr 0.0.0.0 without # and edited the DXVars.pm program with
> $clusteraddr= "localhost" and $clusterport = 27754

Don't add port 27754 to /etc/services, 27754 is a internal Spider port

Check if "localhost" is defined in /etc/hosts and points to 127.0.0.1

Check if /spider/local/Listeners.pm looks like this:

package main;

use vars qw(@listen);

@listen = (
                   ["0.0.0.0", 41112],
                  );

1;

Restart spider and you should be able to telnet in to your cluster on
port 41112 Don't use 27754 as an external port.

Goodluck.

--
'73 Arnold EA1CYZ