[Dxspider-support] User Upload to WWV

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 20:24:43 GMT 2002

On Sat, 2002-02-02 at 18:49, John Forward wrote:
> Have searched the Spider manual and user notes but there
> appears to be no info on how a user can upload WWV details
> to Spider.  We have tried the format as used for AK1A but no
> go.  Guidance please?

John (good to write to you BTW)

When I started writing this stuff a few years ago I listened to a lot of
the griping that went on. One of these was that WWV info was frequently
erm... not terribly accurate. Also, there has for some time, been
several sources of accurate, machine generated WWV info gated into the
network.

As a result, I deliberately did not implement a WWV command.

Now, because of some special circumstances and also because I have to
support the input of the WCY info from Stephan DK8LV, I implemented the
WWV command as well (they are very similar).

But I made it so that you, as sysop, have to activate it and control
whom may use it (as I still believe that there are plenty of good
reliable machine derived WWV broadcast out there already so we don't
need occasional human generated ones).

It isn't well documented and this is deliberate (you can find out easily
enough either by looking at the source or asking me privately).

Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to
Exist or Will Exist Only in a Vague and Undetermined State.