[Dxspider-support] Who command and IP addresses.

Fred Allstadt n1zuk at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 4 20:53:21 GMT 2002

Hello Dirk, and the group --

Had a user today send me an email.  He expressed some concern that his IP
address is displayed when issuing the WHO command.  Since the buzz in the
computer world lately has been security, he felt that this was
unnecessary.  Now, those of us on this list realize that we give our IP
address freely to the world every time we connect to the Internet, but this
seems like an easy thing to mask.

Would it be possible to add this to the 'To Do' list?  Basically, not to
display the user IP to users of the (0) level?  It still is good info for
sysop level users to have easily available (without having to look through
the logs).  Displaying the node IP at all levels I image would be OK.

73, and good DX --
Fred  N1ZUK
Sysop, DXBVT DX Cluster (N1ZUK)
telnet://n1zuk.dyndns.org