[Dxspider-support] Who command and IP addresses.

richard richard.bown at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Feb 5 00:52:09 GMT 2002

I agree with Dirk  also

getting someones ipaddress is pretty easy, especially if the're a ham.
how many have e-mail addesses like n1abc at fred.com ?
and if its a dial up dynamic address probally short lived.
those with cable modems tend to use dynamic hosts , like dyndns or
dns2go .
all of which are very easy to get to the host machine with half an hour
with a search engine, once you have the hostname the adddress is very
simple.
If the guy is really paranoid a decent OS, like linux and a good
firewall
if he's using winblows well , dos'nt say some where on the box caviat
emptor,
 sorry latin spelling was never too good.

that 's my bit for what its worth

73 Richard