[Dxspider-support] sysop Password

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Feb 6 10:20:16 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-02-06 at 02:29, Jim Johnson wrote:
> Hello Dirk and thanks for responding to my request.
>
> I found \spider\data\user_asc and searched for passwd but it was not
> found in the file.  There were several occurrances of KC4HW, but no
> passwd.
>
> I did find several versions of user_asc.o to user_asc.ooooo about every
> 7 days...  searched through them for passwd but nothing was found...

Stop the node.

cd C:\spider\perl
perl update_sysop.pl

restart the node.

You should then be able to get in without a password. You can then set
yourself one that you can remember.

--
Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to