[Dxspider-support] Who command and IP addresses.

Roland Huysentruyt,ON6HH on6hh at yucom.be
Wed Feb 6 11:43:46 GMT 2002

> On Tue, 2002-02-05 at 11:06, Roland Huysentruyt,ON6HH wrote:
> > Hi Fred and all
> >
> > On on0dxk ( linux ) for all users ( ax25 and telnet ) ip  127.0.0.1 is displayed !
> > Only the outgoing clusterconnects via telnet have their proper ipnr displayed.
> > But d'ont ask me why ! My ip and linux knowledge is so poor I can't answer .
> > sorry
>
> That's because you are not using the internal telnet listener for telnet
> connections.

DIRK
> That is the business with Listeners.pm...
>
> You call the client program from (x)inetd.
>
> Unless you want people to connect via port 23 (the standard telnet port)
> you could take out the entry from (x)inetd and use the internal listener
> instead.
>
> I could help with this if you want to do it.
>
> Dirk

Ok Dirk ,I found how to do in the manual and it works already on my testsystem.
Except the fact I see now real user-ipadresses an other change is  I am  also asked
for a pasword if I login via telnet !
And that is fine ! ( non sysops are not asked for a password )
Tnx
73
Roland,ON6HH
Roland Huysentruyt,Beatrijslaan 28,B 8870   IZEGEM , BELGIUM
tel  (32) (0) 51 303000  email : on6hh at yucom.be    on6hh at qsl.net
packetmail on6hh at on0ck.wvl.bel.eu