[Dxspider-support] Login messages

Ian J Maude g0vgs at ea1dav.net
Fri Feb 15 11:59:43 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-02-15 at 09:25, LX1NO wrote:

> I would prefer if DXS would send the line
>
> <R7 LX0PRG>LX9EG v LX0PAR-1 I04^>: Node DB0MDX has logged in
>
> only when a UA- has been received.
>
> The way it is now gives a wrong impression and just fills the screen
> with "false" information in case the connection fails.

Hi Norby,
This is dealt with in section 3.7 of the installation manual right at
the end of the section.  I think I am going to have to rethink what to
put in the installation manual and what to put in the admin manual.  I
paste the pertinent part of the section below.

8<----------------------------------------------------------------------

With later versions of Spider there is a set/login command for users.
This tells them when a user or node logs in or out. If you do not add a
line to your scripts after the final line (or before the client line
which should always be last if needed) then the login/logout information
will be sent to users before the login actually completes. This means if
a node is unreachable, it will continue sending logins and logouts to
users even though it is not actually connecting. To avoid this use the
following line ...

'connect' ''

In a script, this might look like ...

timeout 35
abort (Busy|Sorry|Fail)
connect telnet mary 3000
'ogin:' 'gb7mbc'
'>' 'telnet 44.131.93.96 7305'
'connect' ''

I hope that helps you
Regards
Ian

 Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | g0vgs at ea1dav.net
 Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster
 Running Linux and DXSpider