[Dxspider-support] dx/call instead of dx by

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Feb 18 10:14:51 GMT 2002

On Sun, 2002-02-17 at 20:16, Marcel Jorba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to force dxspider to accept dx spots
>
> in the format: DX/CALL 14000.0 3Y0XX instead of  DX by CALL 14000.0 3Y0X?

It is possible by using an Alias I will do this and issue an update.

> This format is the one accepted by arcluster I guess.
>
> I need it to make wintelnetx by k1ttt to forward RF spots in disconnected to DXspider for an internal contest cluster.
>
> Is it easy to change the corresponding perl script?

Sorry, don't really understand, which script?

> Another issue is that when connecting Wintelnetx to dxspider via telnetsimulating a node (EA3PPP in my case)
>
> the following frame is displayed at the cluster console:
>
> <- I EA3PPP PC11^14004.7^UA9CI^17-Feb-2002^1819Z^ <INET^K8CC^INET^H99^~
>
> but no spot forwarded to the connected users

No. That would be correct. It is invalid. INET is not a valid origin
callsign. I could change it so it is, but I have to say I am not really
convinced I want to (and I don't want to get into the flame war about
passive links - DXSpider doesn't do clx/arcluster/#cqdx style passive
links - OK?)

Why are you wanting to use this program at all? If you need some more
links why not ask for them? There are several sources of data.

Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to
Exist or Will Exist Only in a Vague and Undetermined State.