[Dxspider-support] Badword mixup ?

Colin chedward at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 17:47:07 GMT 2002

Hi all,

         Just recently I entered a couple of local bulls to inform
my users of impending downtime for servicing and neither was accepted nor
was there any rejection warning. Previously (a few months ago) in entering
an sp to a local station , *badword rejected my message because it joined
the tail end of one word to the beginning of the next word and this
combination matched one of the currently set badwords. Since my bulletin to
the locals yesterday dissapeared without trace (causing me to retype it) I
assume the same had happened as there were no badwords in it.

I take it that part words trigger this response to overcome
any attempt to fool the system with spaces. The downside of this is the
rejection of genuine messages with no "whole" badwords in them. Anyone else
found this ?

73 Colin.