[Dxspider-support] 2 Newbie Querstions

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Tue Jan 8 21:17:38 GMT 2002

On Tue, 2002-01-08 at 15:37, Mike Lewis wrote:
> Hi,

> 1) I have noticed that is is currently not possible to have users enter WWV
> info. This was an intentional decision on the designer's part. I would like
> to figure out a way to get this info into the node. Since I am unconnected
> to other nodes, it would seem that I either need to discover the way to
> allow local users to enter this data (thru some mechanism implemented in a
> wwv.pl perl script in local_cmd, perhaps?), and/or figure out an automated
> way to fetch this data off the web and back feed it into the proper database
> in the Spider file system. Can anyone give me any guidance on either of
> these approaches, or any other salient advice on this issue?

Er..

"Not possible" is too strong a phrase. "Deliberately obscure" would be
better.

You can enable the wwv command (if you are running a reasonably current
version of 1.49 from CVSlatest.tgz) by issuing the command (for
instance):-

set/var @Geomag::allowed = qw(KE0MF G1TLH)

This will allow KE0MF and G1TLH (only) to use the wwv command.

Be warned:- if you are accepting wwv (PC23) protocol lines from
elsewhere you MUST include the origin node calls in the above command
(otherwise those PC23s will be ignored).

It only needs to issued once, it will be remembered after the first wwv
command is used or a PC23 is received.

The WWV command is NOT fully tested but I believe it works. The syntax
is as AK1A except that the items can be in any order.

Dirk G1TLH
--
Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to