[Dxspider-support] QRZ.COM

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 11:36:26 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-01-10 at 10:22, Le Boutillier, keith, D wrote:
> Hi
>
> Have updated the cluster here with the latest CVS
> when i search a call using qrz i get the following error message
>
> The unsupported function alarm function is unimplemented at C:/perl/site/lib/net/telnet.pm line 2023
>
> Argument "" isn't numeric in number gt(>) at C:/perl/site/lib/net/telnet.pm line 2569
>
> The cluster runs under windows ME amd QRZ had worked fine until the update
>
> Any thoughts on this one

I don't whether it is the absolute latest version which now connects to
u2.qrz.com (have a look at c:\spider\cmd\show\qrz.pl) as opposed to
plain qrz.com?

But, there is a problem with alarms in Net::Telnet on M$ systems. The
reason that you are seeing it is because the access to qrz.com was
getting really slow.

The chap running it (Fred Lloyd - really nice chap - so don't give him a
hard time) is in the midst of changing servers and getting back to where
he was.

Hopefully this will improve soon.

To anybody else using QRZ you MUST upgrade to the latest CVS or
overwrite your distribution with CVSlatest.tgz tarball from the website.

SHOW/QRZ will no longer work unless this is done.

Dirk G1TLH
--

Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to