[Dxspider-support] Incomplete output to RF linked Stations

Mike Lewis mlewis at digitalglobe.com
Wed Jan 16 17:53:16 GMT 2002

Hi,

Sorry if this is a duplicate of a previous post - I am relatively new to the
list, and did not stumble accross anything like it in the part of the
archives I checked.

Setup:
I am running a reasonably current build of 1.49 in a Windows environment,
using the SV2AGW packet engine to connect to a PK-232 running KISS simple
protocol out to 2 meters. I have no connections to other nodes at this
point, so it is a pretty basic simple system. My users are now seeing a
problem where they will sometimes connect to the cluster and begin to
display information (sh/dx, read a message, etc.) and then the information
stops displaying, as if the system is locked up. I have not been able to
duplicate the problem locally, even when using a spare TNC and RF connecting
to the cluster using an HT. I do not see any error messages on my end, and
it appears as if the Spider sofftware thinks the lines have been sent out,
but they fail to display at the other end. This has occured with 2 separate
systems (the K6-233 based system I started with, and a P5-133 system I built
from junk to run as a dedicated cluster computer only), and multiple users.
Any ideas? Is this a Spider issue or a packet engine issue? Anyone seen this
one before?

Tnx,

ML