[Dxspider-support] CVS & crontab & misc

Simon Ravnic simon at hamradio.si
Tue Jan 22 23:56:01 GMT 2002

Hello!

I'm a new DXspider sysop of a new node called S59UFA. Currently it is a test
setup, running behind a firewall and is not open to public yet. Only few
people
have access to it. If we will be satisfied with the results (so far we are
very
pleased) we'll get a new callsign to the node (something like S50DXS) and
it will be open to the public (telnet, 1.2Mbps ax25 & 76k8bps ax25).

BTW, I'm using a Debian 2.2r5 with 2.2.19, connected to a ADSL link, serving
as a local TCP/IP ax25 gateway + some small jobs like mail, proxy, DXspider
:), ...

I'm doing a CVS update every now and then. Should I put this in crontab or
should I occasionally run it manually? If I put it in crontab how will I
know if
there is a larger change which requires a cluster restart, or maybe a 'make'
on client?

BTW, have you heard about packet network in Slovenija?
Check http://www.s53m.com/map to see it's map. Do you wonder how
it's like to work with 1228800bps. Linux to Linux tcp/ip data transfer rate
is 120kB/sec. Quite fast!

Oh, and a big thank you to the authors of the software...

73
Simon, S53ZO

-------
Simon Ravnic, simon at hamradio.si
http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53zo

"The opinions expressed in this email are strictly those of the author
 but he is a very good fellow so you can trust what he says."
-------