[Dxspider-support] The save command ?

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Jan 27 12:53:08 GMT 2002

This is now fixed.

It will require a restart.

There is also a documentation bug (see below)

Dirk

On Sun, 2002-01-27 at 09:47, Rene Olsen wrote:
> I have tried to get the save command to work. It works just fine from within the client,
> but when I try to get it running via crontab I can't get it working.
>
> I have used the line from the manual like this:
>
> 37 09 27 * * run_cmd('save /home/sysop/dxstats.txt echo "DXStat Table", "sh/dxstats"')

should read:-

37 09 27 * * run_cmd('save /home/sysop/dxstats.txt "echo DXStat Table", "sh/dxstats"')

Note, carefully, where the first " character goes!

The first version (the one in the old help file), echos "DXStat Table",
"sh/dxstats" to the file.

The second (corrected in the new help file) does what you want.

> But all I get from this is a crashed spider with this message in the log:
>
> cron: 37 9 27 1 0 -> doing 'run_cmd('save /home/sysop/dxstats.txt echo "DXStat Table",
> "sh/dxstats"')'
> Non-existant field 'DXProt::run_cmd' at /spider/perl/DXCron.pm line 295
> DXChannel OZ5BBS-7 destroyed (1)
>
> Am I doing somethng wrong here ?
>
> Vy 73 de Rene / OZ1LQH

Please Note: Some Quantum Physics Theories Suggest That When the
Consumer Is Not Directly Observing This Product, It May Cease to
Exist or Will Exist Only in a Vague and Undetermined State.