[Dxspider-support] Some Possible Upgrades ?

charlie carroll k1xx at rindge.nh.ultranet.com
Tue Jan 29 00:21:22 GMT 2002

Tony:
Just a couple of non-guru comments.  If you are going to work with a
remote node, I would strongly encourage the use of a package similar to
PCAnywhere for your Windows based node.  I think Remote Administrator is
a shareware version similar to PCAnywhere.  If you have an internet
connect into your PC, then you can completely manage that PC, including
reboots, from a remote location.  I use PCAnywhere for my K1XX node and
remotely managed my node while in KH6 on business this past
summer/fall.  Chat with Mike, N2TX, about PCAnywhere.  He also uses it
inconjunction with his ARCluster node.

Something else you might want to consider is an alternate connect node
incase N2TX goes down for a long period of time.  Fred, N1ZUK, put
together a crontab file that he uses to maintain connects to primary and
secondary nodes in case of failures.

73 charlie, k1xx