[Dxspider-support] autoload kepler elements

Steven Franke s-franke at uiuc.edu
Wed Jan 30 19:24:29 GMT 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Simon Ravnic wrote:

> Hello!
>
> With "wget http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasa.all" on my linux
> I can download new kepler for e.g. every week. How can I automaticaly load
> them into Dxspider with load/keps? Or do I have to issue a command manualy
> each time?

I believe that at present you must run convkeps.pl externally.

For example, if you have downloaded nasa.all to /spider/local, then from
within /spider/local you can issue:

/spider/perl/convkeps.pl nasa.all

This creates the file /spider/local/Keps.pm. Then, from the console, issue
load/keps.

I suppose that you could run convkeps.pl from a crontab entry, though I
have not tried this.

BTW, to make it easy to verify that your keps update was successful it may
be useful to run sh/sat _before_ updating the keps and then again _after_
updating the keps, since the sh/sat command reports the age of the keps
(in days). After load/keps, you should see that the age of the keps has
decreased.

Steve, K9AN