[Dxspider-support] Spider Autostart

Colin Harris charis.g3orh at virgin.net
Mon Jul 8 15:18:35 BST 2002

Dirk
       I just checked through the 1.49 manual ( came with
cvslatest I guess) and the line in there ( DX:3: ---etc) is
the same as I used including spaces etc. As I said
previously , your suggestion DX:345: shows inverted comma's
in different places.

Question though , I start ax25 configuration in run level 3
(but all components are in the kernel) so at what point does
inittab spawn dxspider. At the beginning or end of run level
3 ? I assume at the end.

I don't use X for Spider. I run it from virtual screens and
if I use X it is purely as user colin started from a
seperate virtual screen and I log into spider / reclaim
sysop rights so I still have control indirectly.

- Regards Colin