[Dxspider-support] AGW & TNC problem

Ian J Maude ian at gb7mbc.net
Wed Jul 24 17:28:56 BST 2002

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 16:13, charlie carroll wrote:
> I am writing this message to document an issue that I have just
> discovered when using AGWPE.  This applies only to a DXSpider Windows
> installation and AGWPE
>
> If you use an external TNC, for example a Tiny 2 or MFJ-1270, ensure
> that the data rate between AGW and the TNC is greater than 1200 baud.
> While changing some TNCs this past weekend, we found that AGW does not
> work when the Serial Port/modem Baud Rate is set at 1200 baud.  This
> same problem with AGW applies when the Tnc Type is set to either PACCOM
> or TAPR TNC2.
Hi Charlie and all,
I thought I should comment on this.  I will put something in the manual
but hopefully this will help for now.  You should _always_ set the
computer side of the TNC to at least twice the radio side.  I do not
understand why they are shipped at 1200baud but there you are.  Use this
as a rule of thumb.
Better late than never I guess:-)
Ian

 Ian Maude G0VGS Morecambe Lancs UK | ian at gb7mbc.net
 Sysop of GB7MBC, the Morecambe Bay Cluster
 Running Linux and DXSpider

 Find out about Summits on the Air!
 Visit the SOTA web site at http://www.sota.org.uk