[Dxspider-support] Badwords.

Rene Olsen rene_olsen at post3.tele.dk
Sat Mar 9 16:31:04 GMT 2002

Hi.

It hapenned again. Yet another normal bulletin got caught in the badword proccessing in
spider.

This time it was part 2 of the 425 DX News from this week.

The offending word seems to be part of a working e-mail address:

(sales at computers.co.ck)

There is nothing wrong with this address, except it has "co.ck" in it.

Now part 2 of the 425 dx news will got get to the rest of the clusters in OZ because of
this.

I can make some local changes, even disable the badword checking completely, but
that will only let the message get to my node. As soon as I try to forward it to another
spider, the problem is the same. I could of course contact all the spider sysops in OZ,
and ask them to change/remove the badword settings, but I don't think that is the
correct way to go.

I know that Dirk was put under a lot of pressure after September 11th, because a lot of
bad things were written in the time following the events of that day.

But, is it not possible to have a switch to enable or disable this thing, or even ship
spider with an empty badword file. Since I started using spider, I have had many
bulletins being lost due to the badword filters, and not one single of them has had a
content that should justify this.

Could you please share your thoughts on this ?

Vy 73 de Rene / OZ1LQH