[Dxspider-support] Badwords.

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Mar 10 13:29:00 GMT 2002

Rene

What build are you on? The reason I ask is because I thought that I had
altered it so that only things *starting* in those patterns would be
picked up.

In general, it is the "regexes" that are causing these problems. They
live in the /spider/data/badw_regex file. You can add or subtract any of
the words in that file as you like. If you remove all the words in there
you will disable the "clever" filtering but retain the simple "badword"
one.

As you say, I was under a lot of pressure, mainly internal (ie UK) to
sort this problem out (as it was largely UK originated). I personally
don't want to change mine as the alleged  'main culprit' will find out
and start all over again.

What I *actually* need to do is to have a "HOLD" status on messages and
also an automatic mail to sysops every xxx hours saying message(s) so
and so are held.

My problem, just now, is that I don't have much time to do this. However
I will stick it on my list.

Dirk