[Dxspider-support] Spider and Mysql

Filip Jonckers fjonckers at Interconnect.be
Thu Mar 21 09:27:06 GMT 2002

> Subject: [Dxspider-support] Spider and Mysql
> Does anybody knows how to insert the spots into a database?
>
> I am trying to insert Spider spots into a clx's database in
> the same PC, but
> i don't have clx running... just the database to make some
> processing ;-)

I thought that CLX is running postgresSQL ....

if you had CLX running - you could setup a node link between the two
nodes
and the spots would be processed correctly into the database
I'm not shure that just inserting the spots into the dxdata table would
work because a lot more processing is done on each spot than just
entering it
into the database (dupe checking, statistics, ....)

> If you don't tell me how to do it... i think i'll have to make some
> "programming" or "scripting"... but i hope someone has done before :-)

could be done in Perl - the "native language" of Spider ...
with a database connection to the SQL server

Filip, ON1AFN