[Dxspider-support] Spider and Mysql

Jaime Robles jaime at robles.nu
Thu Mar 21 09:39:42 GMT 2002

El Jue 21 Mar 2002 10:27, Filip Jonckers escribió:

> I thought that CLX is running postgresSQL ....
OK! You are right!
CLX runs postgres... :-) as i have another machine with mysql and the two of
them are working for the same aplication i was in a mistake ;-) Thanks!

> if you had CLX running - you could setup a node link between the two
> nodes
> and the spots would be processed correctly into the database
> I'm not shure that just inserting the spots into the dxdata table would
> work because a lot more processing is done on each spot than just
> entering it into the database (dupe checking, statistics, ....)
Yes..
Well, the main idea for installing Spider is to stop clx :-) The main goal
would be to migrate an aplication that we have programmed to read from Spider
files, but maybe it is easier to insert Spider data into cls database without
running clx... thats why i would like an script or program to insert... as i
am not a goos programmer ;-)

> > If you don't tell me how to do it... i think i'll have to make some
> > "programming" or "scripting"... but i hope someone has done before :-)
> could be done in Perl - the "native language" of Spider ...
> with a database connection to the SQL server
I think so.. i'll have to remember my little knowledge of perl again... X'DD
tnx!

--
Un saludo,
	Jaime Robles, EA4TV