[Dxspider-support] Connecting to clusters via ip

William Liporace na2na at earthlink.net
Tue May 21 02:37:34 BST 2002

Hi John,
The port 8000 surprises me. Most that I have seen are port 7300 or the
standard 23 (you do not need to specify the port). My system accepts both. I
also do not have a static IP, so you can not connect directly for long (it
is always changing).
I am not sure where you are trying to connect, but my guess is that you are
connecting to sites that is using DNS resloution and specifying an IP does
not work. Of course you are welcome to connect to me here any time.

na2na.homedns.org 7300 or just na2na.homedns.org
144.93 for the RF link in the Albany NY area. the link has only been down
for power outages and upgrades (system has not changed in 9 months).

73 Will

William Liporace NA2NA
763 Huntingdon Drive
Niskayuna, NY 12309