[Dxspider-support] Connecting to clusters via ip

Filip Jonckers fjonckers at Interconnect.be
Tue May 21 08:42:57 BST 2002

Hi John,

First try from a command line window - so you can test if the problem is
related to Spider or on a operating system level...

You're running win98?

Open a MSDOS box ...
can you do a ping to the IP address ?
(ping 130.126.139.93)

try to do a telnet connection from the command line
telnet 130.126.139.93  8000

does this work ?

The listening port used depends on the choice of the sysop...
but prefered choices are indeed 7300 and 9000
I wouldn't use 8000 or 8080 because they are often targets of hackers
trying to find proxy servers (which use these portnumbers)

Filip
ON1AFN